Saturday, March 21, 2015

What this blog will be about

I like to craft and I like to blog so I decided to combine both in this blog about crafting. Now to be honest, I can't sew or crochet or knit but that doesn't mean I can't craft. I have my acrylic paints, my Sharpie markers, and my trusty glue gun always at hand so I can whip up something creative when the mood strikes me.
I scour Pinetrest (follow my boards at Rottie's Pinterest) for ideas and like everyone else I pin them until I get the materials or the time to create things. I used to think because I'm not a skilled artist I shouldn't craft but I've learned that it doesn't matter how good you are. Crafting something is from the heart and believe it or not, you are more talented than you give yourself credit for.
Crafting for me is letting loose the creative animal that I have locked inside myself. When I paint something or design something to make as a gift, its an expression of me. It's how I show people around me that I love them. Like the ceramic mugs I have set aside to give my girls. They are dollar store mugs painted with Sharpie oil based paint markers and baked in the oven. Not expensive by any means but they are personal to my children and if they don't break them, when I am dead and gone, they have them as a reminder of me and how much I love them.

You can do it on the cheaps too which I love. I hit Michaels, JoAnn's Fabrics and Hobby Lobby after holidays to get things cheap. I also go to thrift stores and dollar stores and get things there. Reusing empty jars and cans can be inventive and inexpensive with a little creativity. It just depends on what you want to do and how much you wish to spend on it. My roommate has this Silhouette cutting machine and makes beautiful paper crafts and cards. She was lucky and won it in a give away two years ago. I'm not a paper crafter as such so it would be useless for me, but she loves it. If you are into that stuff than it may be a good investment for you. I prefer mugs, photo frames, paper mache boxes, clay, and painting but that doesn't make her more crafty than I or vice versa. It is all in what you enjoy doing.



So this blog will be updated from time to time with new crafts or inspirations that I feel like sharing. Things I use that I think others will enjoy knowing about, and other crafty stuff. I hope you enjoy reading this and keep coming back.

Rottie

No comments:

Post a Comment