Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cute DIY Burlap Wreath

 I hope all my friends at Crowdtap enjoy reading my DIY blog

I was sitting around this morning and the crafty bug hit me. I knew I had foam rings and burlap so I decided to make a wreath to put up in the house.


So I pulled out my trusty glue gun, the ring and the burlap and went to work. I had picked up the foam rings at the Dollar Tree on one of my foraging trips and the burlap was ordered online from Michaels when it was 70% off. I didn't even use half the burlap that was purchased. So far I was into this project for close to $ 2.00. 

 Gluing the leading edge of the burlap to the ring, I tightly wrapped the fabric around the foam overlapping one piece over the other so that the green of the ring didn't show. I need to caution you that when you glue the burlap you need to hold it down for a few seconds to set. The burlap has holes in it so the glue will seep through and it is hot. You might want to use something to hold it down in place of your fingers.

After wrapping the ring in the burlap, it looked nice but of course plain. I dug into my crafting drawer for something to add to my project. I considered buttons and fabric flowers but I decided on these large flower package ties that I had picked up at Michaels on clearance a few years ago. The reason I went with the ties is because they can be removed easily to change the wreath to another season if I choose to do so.









The result was nice and I am very pleased with my creation. I couldn't wait to hang it up on the living room wall to enjoy. I suppose it looks more like summer or fall than spring but I can always change up the flowers or add birds if I find some to add. The important thing is I made something nice enough to put in my living room as decor that looks like it was bought and in total I spent about $3.00. You can change it up by doing fabric strips instead of burlap, or of course different embellishments would work well. It is all in having the basics and then wanting to create something.

No comments:

Post a Comment